Who's Who in the Association- FAQ's
Community Association Manager Role & Responsibilities
- Advise and provide administrative, managerial and operational advisement to the Association Board of Directors
- Exhibit professionalism and loyalty to the Board of Directors
- Exercise diligence in performing duties on the Boards behalf
- Accounting and Financial Management of the Association's assets and liabilities
- Perform onsite property inspections
- Solicit and evaluate bids for Association services
- Supervise maintenance activities and contractor performance
- Understand and abide by the Association's Governing Documents CC&R's
The Board of Directors- (some of these responsibilities are assigned to the Community Association Manager at the direction of the Board)
- Chief exectutive officer and leader for the Association
- Presides at all meetings of the Board and membership
- Executes legal documents on behalf of the Association
- Sets meeting agendas and controls all meetings
- Represents the Board before the Residents
- Performs all of the duties of the President in his/her absence
- Typically shares some of the burden of the President such as public hearings, Neighborhood Voting Member liason, etc.
- Prepares and distributes Board and membership meeting agendas, minutes and materials referred to in these documents
- Maintains minutes for all meetings
- Maintains a book of resolutions
- Maintains all official records, including official correspondence, contracts, membership roster, etc.
- Attests, by signature, to the legitimacy of certain documents.
- Works with management, contractors and committees to develop an annual operating budget
- Maintains adequate records of all Association financial transactions
- Prepares and/or approves financial reports to membership
- Arranges, subject to Board approval, an independent audit of financial affairs
The Master Community Association CC&R's regulate all residential units in The Prairie, The Meadows & The Country Club Communities.
Have you ever wondered what the abbreviation CC&R stands for? It is a real estate acronym for Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions. CC&R's are created and equitably enforced to help communities, such as Dakota Dunes, support the investment you have in your home and to protect your property values. CC&R's require universal compliance among all home owners and residents.
When you purchased your home, regardless of how long ago, you should have received a set of CC&R's (aka Deed Restrictions) at closing. These Deed Restrictions indicated what you can and cannot do with the property you own in Dakota Dunes. The Dakota Dunes Community Association Board of Directors and Management is charged with ensuring compliance with the CC&R's. They do this to continually maintain your property values, ensure that the community does not decline in its appeal among both current owners as well as prospective future buyers and to foster an environment of unity, harmony and cooperation among all Dakota Dunes residents.
The CC&R's include:
- Articles of Incorporation- creates the Association as a corporation under state corporate statute and defines its membership and sets forth the process for creating the Board of Directors, voting procedures, etc.
- Bylaws- implements, in specific detail, the provisions of the Declaration and the Articles of Incorporation regarding the Association operations, including delineation of the meeting process, election procedures, powers and duties, Board meetings, committees, insurance requirements, rule-making and enforcement process.
- The Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R's)- the collection of covenants imposed on all property withinthe development and provides:
- The basis for allocation of percentage of ownership interest
- The obligation of each owner to share in funding the cost of Association operations
- The power, authority, and responsibility of the Association in it operation and making and enforcing rules and regulations
Supplemental Documents that also govern the Master Association include: (and are available to all Residents via the Resident Login Portal)
- Design Guidelines established for each community
- Policies, Rules & Regulations